The website I chose to look at was Twitter.com
I don't really use Twitter much, but I have at least made myself familiar with it. It is a site used for people to post little things about what they are doing, or little bits of information. It's like a blog, but only 140 characters can be posted. It is a great place to find news or information (or links to such things) if you know where to look.
I chose this site because it has one element that I really appreciate, and that's simplicity. Each member has their own page where their posts show. Responses to their posts are also seen on this page. While this site allows for some customization, it is nothing like Myspace or Facebook. There are some pictures or customized designs, but it all centers around being simple.
The goal is to share information.
Function is the driving force of the design, but it isn't too simple and uncreative. There is still a beauty to the site design, from the Twitter logo (simple, yet good looking font) to the color schemes throughout different parts of the site.
The site is easy to use, but still manages to look good.
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment