Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Writing Technologies

I find myself going back to writing technologies I used when I was younger. By this, I mean I have gone back to using pencils.

I carry a pencil and steno book with me everywhere I go. In my journalism classes, we learn that pencils are the best writing utensil for a journalist because the ink in a pen can freeze. A pencil cannot become unusable by freezing.

I use my steno books all of the time because they are smaller than normal notebooks so I can carry them with me easily. I can also write in them on the go, because there isn't always a table to sit and write at.

The other benefit is that I can separate interview questions and answers by the dividing line on each sheet of paper. It makes interviews much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment